If you are thinking of listing your home for sale in Tam O’ Shanter, now is the perfect time. Despite people referring to fall and winter as “Real Estate’s slow season”, there are several great benefits to putting your home on the market now. Check them out here!
- The major housing crisis is in the past, distressed sales are the lowest they have been in almost a decade and Bellevue, WA real estate sales are up, along with their value. This is all great news for those looking to buy real estate in Tam O’ Shanter, right? Absolutely! Except one issue, which is the lack of housing inventory. The National Association of Realtors has stated buyer demands continue to be the strongest it has been in years. Because the supply of homes has been so low and sellers haven’t been able to keep up with the demand, the prices have increased making it hard for buyers to get into a home for sale in Tam O’ Shanter.
- Fall and winter typically sees a slowdown in the market. There are a variety of reasons: School is back in session or buyers and sellers who were unsuccessful in their real estate goals over the summer take a breather and enjoy the holidays. They generally have a goal of relisting their Tam O’ Shanter real estate after the first of the year. While this is common and makes sense, there are plenty of serious buyers who want to get into a home now. By temporarily taking your home off the market, you could lose out on a great offer.
- You have less competition during this time of year. While housing inventory was tight this last spring and summer and there was a lot of competition among buyers, some homes still didn’t move. This gives you the edge that you may not have had just a few months ago.
- Major household items like appliances, carpet, paint, etc. are usually marked down this time of year. Buyers can also snag some awesome holiday deals on appliances and electronics, making it easy and affordable to get new home furnishings.
- Inventory is unlikely to get better for another couple years or so, at least until new construction can catch up with the growing demand of housing needs. With labor markets and job growth getting healthier and stronger, there are more buyers out there who want to buy and simply cannot get into a home.
If you have been thinking of listing your Tam O’ Shanter WA real estate, give me a call to discuss your options.